REFLECTION TASKS PROPOSED BY STELLA COTTRELL (2005)
Reflection: emotional self-managment For me, the emotions that are most difficult to manage when others disagree with me are: Anger and surprise. I deal with these by remained serene and being reasonable, later on, the other person is going to be calm and the problem won't be bigger. Reflection: influences on my thinking For me, the influences on my own thinking that I need to be most aware of so they don't prejudice my thinking are: I get easily distracted. I will deal with this by doing things step by step, and not procrastinating. Reflection: Challenging opinions For me, the thing I find most difficult about challenging the opinions of other people are: Talk without offending others' ideas, sounding unwise. I deal with these by thinking twice what I am going to say. Reflection: Do you recognize anything of yourself in Bodner's description of students? What effect would the approach he suggests have on your learning and understanding? In our education ...
I agree with you, the teachers and people who are studying to become teachers must become aware and make the learning meaningful for the students. Besides, preparing them to face the future problems in the everyday life is a very good strategy to explain to students why it is important for them to learn it.
ResponderEliminarNowadays it is important that students begin to question themselves in order to acquire information, also they can think if all what they have learned during life is true or not. It is important thinking critically and creatively because in that way education in Colombia will be better. Moreover, students can give their opinions about real situations and they can create solutions, give their points of view in order to focus their attention in how to solve some problems around them. However, what you said is meaningful because motivation plays an important role in the learning process because they can feel that all the learning they receive is going to contribute in real life.
ResponderEliminarI think that you let some important things out, for instance what are his definitios about critical and creative thinking. Also, the "kinds" of assumptions, and the intellectual traditions.♥
ResponderEliminarHi, Melissa, your summary is very short but I got the main idea, that is, how important is critical and creative thinking. In my personal opinion, I am really sure that if critical and creative thinking was implemented by teachers in Colombia, our country would stand out from the rest. However, the real situation is completely different, in Colombia the majority of teachers are in charge of giving contents to students and that is what we called good education.
ResponderEliminar