FOURTH TASK-B



THORMONEverybody dies. As a 79 year old I know I will die sooner than many of you. I am not afraid of death although I don't relish the process of dying. As an atheist I have faith that there is no afterlife, no heaven or hell. I feel lucky that I have lived a fairly comfortable life in this time and place against the infinitesimal probability that the elements I am composed of would have collected here on this planet instead of elsewhere in the universe.I believe that humankind is approaching the apex of existence and it will be all downhill from here until extinction.Cancer is an unpleasant way to die, my mother said if she knew the end would be so hard she wouldn't have stuck around so long. But at least it usually provides enough time to choose another way out. I hope I don't become so incapacitated by dementia or other illness that society prevents that.POSITION: Everybody dies.AGREEMENT:  But at least it usually provides enough time to choose another way out.

hace 7 meses 

 
REBECCA GAGNE HENDERSON
Offering "care" that prolongs suffering and is not curative is not only unethical but also a waste of resources.  If you are having difficulty with having a conversation or you cannot do it well you should have a palliative care specialist do it for you.  It is so much more than communication.  It is providing interventions to alleviate death anxiety along with providing physical, emotional and spiritual comfort.  Palliative care should be introduced at the time of diagnosis as a normal part of cancer treatment.
POSITION: Offering "care" that prolongs suffering and is not curative is not only unethical but also a waste of resources. 
AGREEMENT: Palliative care should be introduced at the time of diagnosis as a normal part of cancer treatment.
EXPLANATION OF HER POINT OF VIEW.

ANGELA
Palliative medicine and palliative care are concurrent care. Patients can receive palliative care from the time of diagnosis without forgoing disease modifying treatment. End of life care is on the palliative care spectrum, but is not the focus of palliative care. Palliative care focuses on symptom management, communication, and a holistic approach for medical support.

Hospice care is typically when no further disease modifying treatment is being and is a multi disciplinary and holistic approach for end of life.

Patients should receive palliative support early and should not be equated with "giving up" or "end of life" as they should partner with oncology (and other specialties) to manage symptoms, provide support, and help clarify not only goals but other issues that need to be dealt with. 
Palliative care and hospice care should not be used interchangeably. 
POSITION: Palliative care and hospice care should not be used interchangeably.
AGREEMENT: Palliative care focuses on symptom management, communication, and a holistic approach for medical support.
ARGUMENT





Comentarios

  1. I think your first story is really touching, once I called myself atheist, but then, I knew all I felt was anger and emptiness because I was going through a lot of problems, I saw no deadline, I blamed God for everything, but I knew after that, that even though anything was going on how I wanted, God will never let me down, he should have though the same.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

REFLECTION TASKS PROPOSED BY STELLA COTTRELL (2005)

SUMMARY FROM THE LECTURE OF STEPHEN BROOKFIELD ON CREATIVE AND CRITICAL THINKING

FOURTH TASK